Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Update on...Stuff!

Aaaahhh, the wonderful world of blogging.  I have neglected informing various friends and family what I’ve been up to through this blog.  I typically update everyone through frantic text messages in the middle of whatever catastrophe I’ve managed to get myself into.  It’s time for a regular blog update though and I will try to keep up with this thing a little better. 
Pregnancy Update:  Max was born August 28, 2012 and weighed seven pounds and fourteen ounces.  His birth was very smooth and I went home less than seven hours later.  When he was a few hours old his mom was feeding him and he began turning very blue.  He was rushed to the NICU and that was very scary.  His mom and dad rushed to the NICU with all the nurses and Max and I sat in the hospital bed trembling and crying, thinking they were going to come back and tell me he was dead.  I won’t get into the specifics of the story because I figure since he has been adopted, it’s not really appropriate for me to tell personal details about all this but long story short, he was fine, just had some trouble with his sucking reflex and breathing while swallowing.  He is totally precious.  Makayla and Caleb think he’s so cute and Caleb especially liked holding him.  The adoption is open so there will be many more updates on Max to come.  I spoke with his mother yesterday and she said he is a bottomless pit. 

Children Update:  These children of mine are larger than life and amazing as they have always been.  Makayla just started second grade and Caleb just started kindergarten.  Makayla has always loved school and she was excited to go to second grade.  Caleb told me all summer he wasn’t going to kindergarten unless I went with him and stayed all day so naturally I was worried sick when he did start.  Luckily the second he entered the kindergarten room, he saw all the other kids and his very own desk and didn’t even remember I was there.  Now every day when he comes home from school he says he wishes he could just go back to school once we get home.  Kind of hurts my feelings but I’m glad he likes school so much.  Both of the kids are determined to go to Midnight Madness in May.  Caleb has to read 200 AR books and pass the tests on them to go and Makayla has to read 100,000 words to go.  They’re both working hard already.  Well, for Makayla it isn’t really hard work; she loves to read anyway.  Caleb isn’t as big of a fan but if I sit with him then he does OK.  He really wants to do Midnight Madness with Makayla so that’s what his little mind is on.  They’ve both made some good friends here in Abilene both at school and in the neighborhood.  I’m working on my unholy fear that they will be snatched by a child predator and have recently began letting them play outside while I sit on the porch.  Typically in the past I would have followed them everywhere on foot.  Now, as long as I can see them playing in the green belt across the street, I don’t run after them.  Caleb has started playing football with the neighborhood boys and Makayla and the girls climb trees and play chase or just sit on the grass and watch their brothers.  I like that the kids are playing with other kids and playing outside. 

Love Life Update:  I’m becoming highly suspicious that the future Mr. Hallford is avoiding me because I haven’t found him yet though I’ve encountered plenty of yahoos that will make me appreciate him when he finally decides to reveal himself.

Since I became pregnant with Max, I moved to Abilene and got much more focused on the kids and settling down.  Running around Lubbock like a feral animal with all my friends was fun and I made some amazing memories but I’m ready for a calmer, more family oriented way of life.  It took me a couple of years to outgrow the constant running around but now that I have, I am glad for those fun years but ready for a new kind of fun.  I’m totally bored with dating superficial yahoos, going out to party, hanging out with people who mostly just annoy me.  I’m pretty into hanging out with the kiddos, doing my school stuff, and making sure our lives are simple and happy.  I still get into catastrophes but they aren’t as ridiculous as before; mostly just outrageous speeding tickets and getting in trouble at the library for spilling my soda.  I plan on keeping up with this silly blog a little better and hopefully someday I will be writing about the power and wealth I have stumbled into.  Deuces!

No comments:

Post a Comment