Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Makayla's Toothpaste Message

So I was minding my own business picking up all the scattered hair ties that Makayla throws around when I entered her bathroom and saw a message written to me on the mirror.  I got closer to the mirror to see what this message was written with and saw it was…toothpaste.  Eww.  It took a few seconds to figure out what the message was supposed to mean because, well, it was written by a six year old, crafted from toothpaste, and applied to a mirror.  I was able to see that she had written, “Mommy, plees take us to the park.”
I frowned at this and called her into the bathroom.
“Do you need me, Mommy?” she asked. 
“Look at how you spelled the word ‘please’ here,” I said, pointing her spelling version of the word, “You spelled ‘please’ P L E E S.  ‘Please’ is spelled P L E A S E.  I wanted to let you know.”
“Do you want me to write it down a few times so I’ll remember?” Makayla asked
“P L E A S E do,” I grinned at her.
She found this hilarious and brought me a piece of paper and a pencil so I could write the word at the top of the paper.  After she was gone from the bathroom, I realized, “Wait!  She drew on the mirror with toothpaste!  Twenty seven dollar toothpaste!”  Makayla has horrible teeth and has to have all sorts of expensive teeth care products that her dentist called “imperative.” 
I called her back to the bathroom.
“Go get the windex and some paper towels and clean the mirror, please.  We do not use toothpaste to write on the mirror.  We use a pen or pencil to write on paper.  Do not do that again.”
I can’t believe I didn’t think enough to make her clean it and was more focused on proper spelling at first.  I thought that was hilarious. 

3 comments:

  1. Love your blog. I'm following u tooooo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound hilarious! I feel like I would do the same thing. Although after reading some of these stories, it makes me wonder if I could handle having kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!! At least she said 'PLEASE!'
    Kids are cute and they grow up fast and
    nothing is ever cute again! So enjoyT

    I'm following you from MBC
    come follow me too
    www.thedarediva.com

    ReplyDelete