Friday, February 4, 2011

2011 Update!

Well, I haven't exactly kept up with my blog the way I said I would.  The only time I update this thing anymore is when I'm in a horribly boring situation, like waiting out a blizzard in gross Utah, or sitting at my boyfriend's house trying not to barf on his stuff on account of having the dumb flu.  I have never had the flu before.  I haven't run a fever since I was a little kid.  So when it started, I wasn't quite sure what was happening.  I assumed I had food poisoning.  Once the chills and aching muscles started, my boyfriend, roommate, boss, and mother all said these were symptoms of having the flu.  I always thought people who had the flu were just being babies.  This is not the case.  It really is pretty awful.  I'm proud of Matt for not running for the hills at my disgusting appearance. 

So, I set a few goals for 2011.  I decided to find a job that would look great on a resume that I would love, get rid of the superficial and fake "friends" in  my life, and seriously limit the amount of time I devote to my social life.  I have succeeded in all of these things.  Woot woot!

School has been pretty hectic already this semester.  My two online classes are pretty confusing compared to the past online courses I've taken.  The math class I'm taking is pretty much kicking my butt and has more homework than I have ever had from one course in my life.  I also have an eight am class Monday and Wednesday in Levelland and a nine thirty in Levelland Tuesday and Thursday.  Those super early morning classes are pretty hard to get pumped up about with it being so cold and having a thirty minute drive to make to get to them.  It's not too bad though and it gives me plenty of time to prepare for work in the afternoon.

I am LOVING my new job.  I was hired as the Education Director for the Boys and Girls Club.  I love the kids and the work is challenging and allows me to be creative.  I have a lot of ideas, especially for the summer.

Makayla and Caleb are doing well.  I try to talk with Makayla at least every other day on Skype.  She's super excited about a gymnastics competition coming up.  She just celebrated the one hundredth day of school and she was pretty excited about that.  She told me earlier today that she got a little flute out of the Reward Box at school.  When she learned I was sick, she ordered me to drink plenty of water and lie down and watch TV.  When I told her I was going to work on homework, she said, "I don't think you should do homework when you're sick.  You should just watch TV and rest."  If only...

Anyway, while I've made a few public comments on Matt, I haven't really explained our situation to anyone except close friends.  Yes, Matt and I dated over the summer very briefly, right after Jake and I broke up.  Neither of us (especially me) were in very good places at the time.  After we broke up, we didn't talk for a couple of months.  I ended up calling him to tell him I felt bad about the way things ended and over the next few months, we slowly got to know each other.  I realized I had never really given him a fair chance because I was so messed up over the way things ended with Jake.  With Jake out of the picture (and out of my heart) this time, I was able to see what a truly amazing guy Matt is.  Over the months we were talking, I developed a respect for him I'd never had before.  There was a time when I thought I was ruined forever.  I thought I would never be able to trust anyone again or love anyone with my whole heart ever again.  But Matt has managed to get to the very core of my heart and the yahoo before him might have gotten pretty deep, but no where near the core and he was more like a splinter anyway.  He caused me endless pain and tears and betrayed my trust time and time again.  I trust Matt with my entire heart and soul.  I respect him, I trust him, and I am not scared of him and because of those things, I am able to truly love him.  I'm looking forward to all of the amazing memories we'll make together.  He's hilarious and sweet and responsible and has pretty much every quality that makes a guy awesome and more.  He's also incredibly good looking so that's an extra bonus. 

Anyway, wish me luck on getting over this annoying illness.  If I can manage to get my carcass off the couch, I'm going to attempt to clean something.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment